The Forbidden Forest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More than just a Harry Potter fansite.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best game adaptation

Go down 
+4
Missile
chochang
Luna
henrypi
8 posters

Which Harry Potter game was best?
1: Philosopher's Stone
Best game adaptation I_vote_lcap17%Best game adaptation I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 1 ]
2: Philosopher's Stone (re-make)
Best game adaptation I_vote_lcap0%Best game adaptation I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
3: Chamber of Secrets
 0% [ 0 ]
4: Prisoner of Azkaban
Best game adaptation I_vote_lcap33%Best game adaptation I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 2 ]
5: Goblet of Fire
 0% [ 0 ]
6: Order of Phoenix
Best game adaptation I_vote_lcap17%Best game adaptation I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 1 ]
7: Half-Blood Prince
 0% [ 0 ]
8: Deathly Hallows (part 1)
 0% [ 0 ]
9: Deathly Hallows (part 2)
 0% [ 0 ]
10: Spin off/Other game
Best game adaptation I_vote_lcap33%Best game adaptation I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 6

AuthorMessage
henrypi
Two Hundred and Fifty Posts
henrypi

Rank image : Captain

Character sheet
Name: Amanda
Unique Trait: Muggle
Level:
Best game adaptation Left_bar_bleue10/11Best game adaptation Empty_bar_bleue  (10/11)

Best game adaptation Empty
PostSubject: Best game adaptation   Best game adaptation I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 9:23 pm

Also add why it was your favourite and what platform(s) you played it on.

Personally I like the Prisoner of Azkaban the most - on X-box - although the game I devoted the most time and effort to was Chamber of Secrets on X-box and Gamecube. That was the first game where I wanted to get 100% completion (I never did) and also tried to have a perfect run (never completed that either).

I liked Prisoner of Azkaban as it was the first platformer I played that had AI co-op. Which was good given that I had no siblings, lived far away from friends, and my mum cannot play video games and my dad can't cope with 3D space. So it was good to work with people, even if they weren't real.
Back to top Go down
Luna
Founder
Founder
Luna

Rank image : Admiral

Character sheet
Name: Dusk Clandestine
Unique Trait: Legilimency
Level:
Best game adaptation Left_bar_bleue4/14Best game adaptation Empty_bar_bleue  (4/14)

PostSubject: Re: Best game adaptation   Best game adaptation I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 9:26 pm

philosopher's stone was re-made?
Back to top Go down
https://forbiddenforest.rpg-board.net
henrypi
henrypi

Character sheet
Level:
Best game adaptation Left_bar_bleue10/11Best game adaptation Empty_bar_bleue  (10/11)

PostSubject: Re: Best game adaptation   Best game adaptation I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 9:30 pm

LunaLovegood wrote:
philosopher's stone was re-made?
Yes. I think it came out about a year after Chamber of Secrets
Back to top Go down
chochang
Seven Hundred and Fifty Posts
chochang

Character sheet
Name: The phoenix
Unique Trait: Phoenix
Level:
Best game adaptation Left_bar_bleue0/0Best game adaptation Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Best game adaptation   Best game adaptation I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 9:31 pm

I've only played Philosopher's Stone on PS1 (though that was ages ago) and the GBA version of Prisoner of Azkaban. Plus I've played bits of Philosopher's Stone and Chamber of Secrets on an emulator... hehe
Back to top Go down
Missile
One Hundred Posts
One Hundred Posts
Missile

Rank image : Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Best game adaptation   Best game adaptation I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 7:32 pm

If you didn't play the early harry potters on PC, you missed out.
Back to top Go down
henrypi
henrypi

Character sheet
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Best game adaptation   Best game adaptation I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 9:48 pm

I realised that I never finished Philosophers Stone either. Although it was on GBA, so it was quite...awful.
I have an ever growing pile of shame. Good thing the holidays are near.
I wonder what game I should finish first. Maybe I should start a poll.
Back to top Go down
chochang
chochang

Character sheet
Name: The phoenix
Unique Trait: Phoenix
Level:
Best game adaptation Left_bar_bleue0/0Best game adaptation Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Best game adaptation   Best game adaptation I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 7:22 pm

I love downloading really bad games onto emulators so that I can laugh at them for 5 mins and then delete them... for free...
Back to top Go down
IncredibleHulk
One Thousand Five Hundred Posts
IncredibleHulk

Character sheet
Name: Trek
Unique Trait: Cyborg
Level:
Best game adaptation Left_bar_bleue12/12Best game adaptation Empty_bar_bleue  (12/12)

PostSubject: Re: Best game adaptation   Best game adaptation I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 4:58 pm

It must be fun, having time to play these games...

Last edited by Incredible.Hulk on Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
HelgaHufflepuff
HelgaHufflepuff

Character sheet
Name: Sera(phina) Warford
Unique Trait: Half Dragon, Half Human
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Best game adaptation   Best game adaptation I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 10:01 pm

Quote :
I love downloading really bad games onto emulators so that I can laugh at them for 5 mins and then delete them... for free...

The number of times I've done that just for the sake of it! Very Happy
(Great to know I'm not the only one!)
Back to top Go down
HelgaHufflepuff
HelgaHufflepuff

Character sheet
Name: Sera(phina) Warford
Unique Trait: Half Dragon, Half Human
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Best game adaptation   Best game adaptation I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 10:02 pm

I've only ever owned one Harry Potter game - Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets for the Gameboy Advance. I can't say it was the best of games, but not bad for its time, I guess. Smile
Back to top Go down
IncredibleHulk
IncredibleHulk

Character sheet
Name: Trek
Unique Trait: Cyborg
Level:
Best game adaptation Left_bar_bleue12/12Best game adaptation Empty_bar_bleue  (12/12)

PostSubject: Re: Best game adaptation   Best game adaptation I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 1:50 pm

I think that the only Harry Potter game I have ever played was a special feature on the DVD of The Prisoner of Azkaban. It was pretty lame. Laughing
Back to top Go down
ClarionGlass
Five Hundred Posts
Five Hundred Posts
ClarionGlass

Character sheet
Name: Clarion Glass
Unique Trait: Coffee dependancy
Level:
Best game adaptation Left_bar_bleue5/8Best game adaptation Empty_bar_bleue  (5/8)

PostSubject: Re: Best game adaptation   Best game adaptation I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 7:33 pm

Hell yes Harry Potter LEGO years 1-4 for DS
It's the best Razz
5-7 isn't that good - the gameplay has changed.
Back to top Go down
caldescratch
Ten Posts
Ten Posts
caldescratch

Rank image : Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Best game adaptation   Best game adaptation I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 12:23 am

Ssince my family and I are pretty cheap, we just decided to pick up a random bunch of "definitely-not-pirated" GBA games from one of our trips to China for a fraction of the price. Out of the $10/15 game bundle, one of those games was for CoS (in Chinese) and another was for GoF (in English).

HelgaHufflepuff wrote:
I've only ever owned one Harry Potter game - Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets for the Gameboy Advance. I can't say it was the best of games, but not bad for its time, I guess. Smile

I'll second that. I'm assuming that my totally-not-pirated game was the same one and not some odd unlicensed spin-off. Playing it in Chinese was an interesting experience to say the least, since I still couldn't read well enough to decipher the dialogue and instructions. I'd say that the fact that I managed to get through the entire game without much hassle speaks for how easy it was to comprehend, though I definitely couldn't guess what some of the sprites were without other text. Understandable, with the tools available at the time of making...

The Goblet of Fire was in English, and that was alright. Better monsters to fight, better fighting system in general, better graphics, but not as good of a collectible system. There was also a weird rhythm mini-game for the Yule Ball that I wouldn't have remembered if it weren't repeated in the graveyard duel with Voldemort, for some odd reason. I'd rank it a little above the CoS game.

Incredible.Hulk wrote:
I think that the only Harry Potter game I have ever played was a special feature on the DVD of The Prisoner of Azkaban. It was pretty lame. Laughing

They had those for a few other DVDs too, I think. Lame it was. Being as obsessed as I was back when they came out, I loved every single moment of them |D

In summary: GoF GBA > CoS GBA
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best game adaptation   Best game adaptation I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best game adaptation
Page 1 of 1